Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

IS SAVAGE THE NEW SWAG?




Innocent friendly conversations have almost become a history on social media. Watu wanalishwa blueticks… screenshots zinatuuza… #issatrickysitueshen
The 21st  century generation has mastered sarcasm as an art to the extent that you can’t ask a question and just get the answer you were seeking.
Existence of online beefs whose origin we can’t even comprehend is the order of the day
It almost feels like online strangers are fighting secret battles with you in a crowd.

The worst mistake one can do is slide into such people’s inboxes to get issues cleared. Screenshots and blueticks of this generation won’t let you prosper in peace

In WhatsApp groups if you post something, almost everyone will respond like they’re trying to compete on who will have the savagest comeback. Same to twitter and any other media.
It’s almost like online bullying. Only that the comments have alittu spice of wit

Of the 1000 WhatsApp groups I am in its only in 2 or 3 out of them that intelligent exchange of ideas and positive criticism exist.
Savagery is in intentionally blueticking and responding in a sarcastic tone.
If you complain about the sarcasm in one’s tone you may be told to “read it in a different tone”

The weak hearted are forced to brace themselves and toughen up lest they go into depression.
I low-key feel the famous SARAHAH app was just a platform for us to display how savage we are. Especially the feedback we gave our anonymous texters…aki si nlijionea maneno!

Anyway, life’s too short to try understanding people who barely want to understand you. We’re all fighting our battles and celebrating our achievements that nobody needs to know about.

Maybe savagery is our way of staying away from reality to get something to preoccupy us, the temporary solution to our silent battles
Maybe to some it’s emotional growth, hiding behind the mask of always being happy to preserve self. To others, its making other people miserable while others are just misers, naturally!
Others are just having fun!

But why would you have fun at the expense of another person’s feelings and dignity? Is that the new slayage?

Someone makes a grammatical error or has an effect of their mother tongue and it becomes the talk of the day

People pretend to be perfect online. Anyway, it’s said ‘’we are what we pretend to be, so be careful who you pretend to be’’

At the end of each day, all that matters is YOU
And the solid real life lives that we all have

Seeking approval online may only lead to depression
We should use our online lives for fun, knowledge and interactive learning and whatever instead of substituting our real life with online lives.
74% of our online life is only what we want our online “life” to know

Life would be better if we focused on real life and real life issues.
In other news, it doesn’t hurt to be nice to online strangers. Neither does it pay.
#issachoice


This is my world

Call me Chica!

7 comments:

  1. its a crazy world where originality is long gone. may be the days of letters laced with the perfumes should come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be said better than this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So insightful a piece on the sad truth of the time we are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. URGENT LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST!!
    Hi everyone,
    I'm so excited. My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup, I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Azeez can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 17 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Azeez if you have any problem contact Dr Azeez now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.
    Email him at: Email him at: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
    you can also call him or add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829

    ReplyDelete

Comment